Frequently Asked Question
Fix DriverFinder download and installation issue in Windows 10
Last Updated 5 months ago
In case you are getting an error message during the installation of DriverFinder stating that the installation failed or was incomplete, please follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Step 1. Deactivate Windows Defender temporarily.
- Right-click the Windows Start button, then select Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Windows Security.
- Under Windows Security, click the Open Windows Security button.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, click Manage settings.
- Turn off Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection.
Note: Do not close Real-time protection window yet. We'll add DriverFinder in the exclusion later.
Step 2. Download DriverFinder in Mozilla Firefox and install.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Options.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down and under Security, click the checkbox for Block dangerous and deceptive content and ensure it is unchecked.
- Download and install DriverFinder here: http://driverfinderpro.com/setup.php
Note: The error will not appear as long as the Real-time protection is not enabled yet.
Step 3. Add DriverFinder in the exclusion.
- Open the Virus & threat protection settings window (the window in Step 1).
- Scroll down and under Exclusions, click Add or remove exclusions.
- Click the Add an exclusion button, then select Folder.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86), select the DriverFinder folder and then click the Select Folder button.
- On the confirmation window, click Yes.
Step 4. Turn on Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection.
- In the Virus & threat protection settings, turn on Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection.
Note: Since we added the DriverFinder folder in the exclusions, Windows 10 will not delete the program.
Step 5. Activate your DriverFinder copy. Run a scan, download the recommended drivers and install.
- To activate DriverFinder: http://www.desktoolssoft.com/helpdesk/kb/faq.php?id=4
- To install updates: http://www.desktoolssoft.com/helpdesk/kb/faq.php?id=6