Frequently Asked Question
Fix Disabled Audio Service in Windows 10
Last Updated 10 months ago
Does your audio device not working anymore?
When you install or update Windows 10, there is a possibility that a common problem with audio devices goes missing might happen. This might because your audio device is not compatible with the latest operating system. Another cause is when Windows Audio is disabled in Windows Services.
To enable this service:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Run.
- In the Run, type services.msc and then click the OK button.
- In the Windows Services window, scroll down and look for the Windows Audio service.
- Right-click on the Windows Audio service and select Properties.
- In the Windows Audio Properties window, click the drop-down menu button for Startup type and select Automatic.
- Click the Start button under Services status if the status is Stopped. Disregarding this if the status is Running.
- Click the Apply and then the OK buttons.
- Restart the PC for the changes to take effect.