Frequently Asked Question
Backup Drivers to an External Medium
Last Updated 2 years ago
DriverFinder enables you to easily backup drivers to an external medium such as a USB stick, CD or DVD disk, external hard drive, and others. There are two main reasons for doing this:
- You want to save valuable disk space on your computer.
- You want to export device drivers for use in another computer that's not connected to the Internet.
To Back Up Drivers to Another Medium:
- Ensure that your external medium (e.g., USB stick, CD or DVD disk, external hard drive, etc.) is properly connected to your computer.
- In DriverFinder main window, click Settings.
- Under Backup Location, click the Browse button.
- Select the driver that represents your external medium, then click the OK button.
- Click Save.
- Back up your drivers! (see article titled "Backup Device Drivers in DriverFinder").
Your computer's backup drivers have now been saved to your external medium.
To Export Drivers to Another Computer:
- Back up drivers to another medium (see procedures above).
- Connect the external medium to your other computer.
- Install the drivers on your other system.