Frequently Asked Question
After installing a Windows Update or upgrading to Windows 11, rare cases of System Devices' malfunction would appear and cause errors to your PC... and you're not alone. There are many reports, especially if you're using Windows 11, of audio devices not working after a big update. But don't fret, there's a fix! Just follow the easy steps below:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the pop-up search box, type services.
- Under Best match, click Services.
- In the pop-up Services window, scroll down and look for Windows Audio.
- Right-click Windows Audio, then select Start or Restart.
- Right-click Windows Audio again, then select Properties.
- Ensure that Startup type is set to Automatic, and Services status is Running.
- Restart the PC.
- Play an audio file and check your speaker or output audio device if there's any sound from it.
If the audio device is still not working, you may need to check your playback audio device is selected: Fix Missing Audio in Windows 11